Batushka are a controversial Polish black metal band. Their music is drenched in imagery and texts from Eastern Orthodox Christianity with lyrics sung exclusively in Old Church Slavonic. Although it can’t be officially confirmed, they are banned from playing in Russia and Belarus. Pronounced “Batjushka,” the band’s name is spelled Батюшка in Cyrillic and means “father” in Eastern Orthodoxy (used to address a priest). Their songs contain lines of liturgical chanting backed by black metal instrumentation and aesthetics, and they dress in hooded robes. Despite claims by others that they’re blasphemous and anti-Christian, Batushka are ambiguous about this, though translators have claimed the band inverts the Judeo-Christian linguistic imagery to reflect the deification of the self, not God. Their universally acclaimed debut long-player, Litourgiya, was independently released in December 2015. Afterwards, the band splintered into two factions, each determined to use the name Batushka; the issue was mediated inconclusively in the courts and left both bands able to use the name legally. One, led by founding multi-instrumentalist Krzysztof Drabikowski, issued 2019’s acclaimed Requiem while the other, led by vocalist Bartłomiej Krysiuk (aka Bart), signed to Metal Blade and released Hospodi in 2019. In 2021, with no final decision to the name rights, Bart‘s version of Batushka independently released the five-track Raskol EP.
***All reserved seatingis along the balcony ledge and is first come first serve within each section. Padded seat stools are used and there are no backs to them. Sections A and K are alongside the PA system that is hanging from the ceiling and has a semi obstructed view. General admission ticket holders will be standing directly behind this seating, there is no barrier separating reserved seating and general admission***
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase and / or consume alcohol.
- You must have a valid form of Federal or State ID as proof of age, NO TICKETS.
- Fake ID’s will be confiscated and you will be escorted out with NO REFUNDS.
- 18 and under must adhere to local curfew laws or be accompanied by someone 18+.
- Ear plugs are suggested for all concerts.
- No weapons, backpacks, umbrellas, strollers or outside food / beverage allowed.
- No crowd surfing is allowed.
- No In and Outs, all re-entry’s will need a new ticket purchase
- No smoking inside the building of any kind.
- No Photography or Video
- EVERYONE that enters is required to wear a wristband if designated by security
- No fighting or aggressive behavior will be tolerated
- By entering, you acknowledge the rules above and agree to their terms. The Forge
- has the right to refuse entry to anyone who cannot provide a valid ID, is intoxicated or appears to be under the influence.
- Please be respectful of your surroundings and of others around you at all times.