A hard-driving Southern rock unit based out of Palestine, Texas, Blacktop Mojo’s fiery blend of post-grunge, classic rock, and metal falls somewhere between Soundgarden, Black Stone Cherry, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. The group’s approach, full of crunchy guitar chugging and minor-key melodies, was firmly in place on their first full-length album, 2014’s I Am, though the richer production of 2017’s Burn the Ships boosted the heaviness of their sound.
Founded in 2012 by frontman Matt James and drummer Nathan Gillis, Blacktop Mojo eventually morphed into a five-piece with the addition of bass player Matt Curtisand guitarists Ryan Kiefer and Kenneth Irwin. They self-released their debut album, I Am, in 2014, followed by a heavy bout of touring that saw the group sharing the stage with a wide array of heavy hitters including Bon Jovi, Puddle of Mudd, Sammy Hagar, and Drowning Pool. The band teamed up with Muscle Shoals producer Jimmy Johnson for their sophomore outing, Burn the Ships, which came out in December 2017. The band hit the road in support, and devoted most of the next ten months to live work, returning home in October 2018 to start writing material for their third LP. By the time they went into the studio with producer Philip Mosley, Chuck Wepfer had replaced Kenneth Irwin on guitar, and he made his recording debut with Blacktop Mojo on Under the Sun, released in September 2019.
***All reserved seatingis along the balcony ledge and is first come first serve within each section. Padded seat stools are used and there are no backs to them. Sections A and K are alongside the PA system that is hanging from the ceiling and has a semi obstructed view. General admission ticket holders will be standing directly behind this seating, there is no barrier separating reserved seating and general admission***
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase and / or consume alcohol.
- You must have a valid form of Federal or State ID as proof of age, NO TICKETS.
- Fake ID’s will be confiscated and you will be escorted out with NO REFUNDS.
- 18 and under must adhere to local curfew laws or be accompanied by someone 18+.
- Ear plugs are suggested for all concerts.
- No weapons, backpacks, umbrellas, strollers or outside food / beverage allowed.
- No crowd surfing is allowed.
- No In and Outs, all re-entry’s will need a new ticket purchase
- No smoking inside the building of any kind.
- No Photography or Video
- EVERYONE that enters is required to wear a wristband if designated by security
- No fighting or aggressive behavior will be tolerated
- By entering, you acknowledge the rules above and agree to their terms. The Forge
- has the right to refuse entry to anyone who cannot provide a valid ID, is intoxicated or appears to be under the influence.
- Please be respectful of your surroundings and of others around you at all times.