Groups like Venom, Mercyful Fate, and Slayer may have founded death metal in the early ’80s, but it wasn’t until such disciples as Morbid Angel came along at the close of the decade that the genre was pushed to its most extreme level, both musically and lyrically. Formed in 1983 in Florida, Morbid Angel (along with Death) would also help spearhead an eventual death metal movement in their home state, which would include such notables as Deicide and Obituary, among countless others.
From its inception, the group’s leader has been guitarist/songwriter Trey Azagthoth, who has successfully maintained that Morbid Angel stick to their guns throughout countless musical fads during their career. Over the course of their first few releases, 1989’s Altars of Madness and 1991’s Blessed Are the Sick (the latter considered by many as a landmark release in the death metal genre), the group’s lineup consisted of Azagthoth, vocalist/bassist David Vincent, guitarist Richard Brunelle, and drummer Pete Sandoval. With Brunelle bowing out of the group shortly thereafter and replaced by Erik Rutan, Morbid Angel had come across what would become the longest-lasting lineup of their career, showcased on such albums as 1991’s Abominations of Desolation, 1993’s Covenant, 1995’s Domination, and 1996’s in-concert Entangled in Chaos, before Vincent jumped ship and was replaced with Steve Tucker.
***All reserved seatingis along the balcony ledge and is first come first serve within each section. Padded seat stools are used and there are no backs to them. Sections A and K are alongside the PA system that is hanging from the ceiling and has a semi obstructed view. General admission ticket holders will be standing directly behind this seating, there is no barrier separating reserved seating and general admission***
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase and / or consume alcohol.
- You must have a valid form of Federal or State ID as proof of age, NO TICKETS.
- Fake ID’s will be confiscated and you will be escorted out with NO REFUNDS.
- 18 and under must adhere to local curfew laws or be accompanied by someone 18+.
- Ear plugs are suggested for all concerts.
- No weapons, backpacks, umbrellas, strollers or outside food / beverage allowed.
- No crowd surfing is allowed.
- No In and Outs, all re-entry’s will need a new ticket purchase
- No smoking inside the building of any kind.
- No Photography or Video
- EVERYONE that enters is required to wear a wristband if designated by security
- No fighting or aggressive behavior will be tolerated
- By entering, you acknowledge the rules above and agree to their terms. The Forge
- has the right to refuse entry to anyone who cannot provide a valid ID, is intoxicated or appears to be under the influence.
- Please be respectful of your surroundings and of others around you at all times.