With a Southern rock-influenced brand of metal that pours punk, grunge, and pure melodic hard rock into the blender, Texas Hippie Coalition at their best sound like Molly Hatchet and Charlie Danielscrossed with Pantera chasing after the rock ghost of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Their self-described “red dirt metal” is very much a product of gigging out of Chickasha and Denison, Texas, not far from the Oklahoma state line — Red River Valley territory. Formed in 2008, THC consist of Big Dad Ritch, John Exall, Wes Wallace, Timmy Braun, and Randy Cooper. Self-released debut Pride of Texas appeared in 2008, after which THC quickly gained steam, signing with Dallas-based label Carved Records. Rollin’, their Dave Prater-produced follow-up, arrived in 2010, followed two years later by Peacemaker, which rose to number 20 on Billboard’s Hard Rock Albums chart. Working with producers Bob Marlette and Skidd Mills, THC thickened up their already gritty sound on 2014’s Ride On, which marked their first appearance on the Top 200 chart. The red-dirt metal party train continued to chug along with the band’s fifth album, 2016’s Dark Side of Black, and again on the swaggering and aptly named High in the Saddle in 2019
***All reserved seatingis along the balcony ledge and is first come first serve within each section. Padded seat stools are used and there are no backs to them. Sections A and K are alongside the PA system that is hanging from the ceiling and has a semi obstructed view. General admission ticket holders will be standing directly behind this seating, there is no barrier separating reserved seating and general admission***
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase and / or consume alcohol.
- You must have a valid form of Federal or State ID as proof of age, NO TICKETS.
- Fake ID’s will be confiscated and you will be escorted out with NO REFUNDS.
- 18 and under must adhere to local curfew laws or be accompanied by someone 18+.
- Ear plugs are suggested for all concerts.
- No weapons, backpacks, umbrellas, strollers or outside food / beverage allowed.
- No crowd surfing is allowed.
- No In and Outs, all re-entry’s will need a new ticket purchase
- No smoking inside the building of any kind.
- No Photography or Video
- EVERYONE that enters is required to wear a wristband if designated by security
- No fighting or aggressive behavior will be tolerated
- By entering, you acknowledge the rules above and agree to their terms. The Forge
- has the right to refuse entry to anyone who cannot provide a valid ID, is intoxicated or appears to be under the influence.
- Please be respectful of your surroundings and of others around you at all times.