“Unique, Raw, catchy, anarchistic Rock and Roll“
“If being controversial means being consummate professionals, playing great original songs to an appreciative engaged audience and treating everyone with respect then The Soap Girls must be at the front of the pack.” – Devolution Magazine
The SoapGirls write outsider anthems with grungy punk pop infused guitars overlaid with harmonic vocals and huge melodious overtones and metal growls that are androgynous, audacious, and straight from the heart. Their music is a brand of storytelling with a strong message behind each track. With their DIY attitude and unbridled work ethic they have been named as a band to watch out for by music critics around the globe.
The SoapGirls, French born sisters from Cape Town, are often described as the world’s hardest working duo even during lockdown they never stopped performing over 400 live streams with varied theme nights and dark humor. Armed with unforgettable melodies and catchy choruses, The SoapGirls energy, rawness, and authenticity live, has earned them a deserved formidable reputation. Touring continuously since 2015 these fearless French born sisters Millie and Mie, have an impressive ever growing global dedicated base of followers known as the ‘The SoapSuds’.
Guitarist /vocalist Mie sets the pace beautifully as she powers through each song with a certain style and grace with guitar riffs that captivate every audience. Her vocals have been likened to an early Blondie. Drawing musical influences from Fleetwood Mac, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Heart, Nirvana, The Butthole Surfers and R.E.M her preferred style of music being more melodic.
Bass player/Vocalist Millie is an onstage force to be reckoned with encompassing a unique bass technique with contortioning that you would rarely see in a live rock performance whilst never missing a note coupled with an insane vocal range often likened to Brodie Dalle, Tina Turner and Randy Blythe from her angelic notes to metal growls that will leave you disturbed Mille is undoubtedly a force on her own terms. Being a fan of heavier music from acts like Alice in Chains, Marilyn Manson, The Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, Alanis Morrissette, Hole, Nirvana, Napalm Death and L7. which is evident in her furiously energetic performance as she connects and shocks the crowd.
***All reserved seatingis along the balcony ledge and is first come first serve within each section. Padded seat stools are used and there are no backs to them. Sections A and K are alongside the PA system that is hanging from the ceiling and has a semi obstructed view. General admission ticket holders will be standing directly behind this seating, there is no barrier separating reserved seating and general admission***
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase and / or consume alcohol.
- You must have a valid form of Federal or State ID as proof of age, NO TICKETS.
- Fake ID’s will be confiscated and you will be escorted out with NO REFUNDS.
- 18 and under must adhere to local curfew laws or be accompanied by someone 18+.
- Ear plugs are suggested for all concerts.
- No weapons, backpacks, umbrellas, strollers or outside food / beverage allowed.
- No crowd surfing is allowed.
- No In and Outs, all re-entry’s will need a new ticket purchase
- No smoking inside the building of any kind.
- No Photography or Video
- EVERYONE that enters is required to wear a wristband if designated by security
- No fighting or aggressive behavior will be tolerated
- By entering, you acknowledge the rules above and agree to their terms. The Forge
- has the right to refuse entry to anyone who cannot provide a valid ID, is intoxicated or appears to be under the influence.
- Please be respectful of your surroundings and of others around you at all times.